Here's something about me: Ever since reading became difficult (long story) I listen to audiobooks and podcasts, obsessively. I get a lot of my information, inspiration, laughs and future plans from reflecting on what I listen to so I thought why not share this gems with you.
From now on or until I get bored, I will choose a section/phrase from one of the podcasts I'm listening to and share it with you. Maybe that will inspire you to go listen to the whole thing yourself.
**Disclaimer: content has been edited for the purposes of this blog**
PODCAST "Increase your Impact with Justin Su'a"
Episode 193: 9 Things Successful People Do Differently
Episode length: 6min
1. GET SPECIFIC: when you have general goals you are a lot less likely to achieve them because they are not measurable so you want to get as specific as you can.
2. SEIZE THE MOMENT: to act on your goals. People set goals but never take that opportunity or use excuses; "I didn't have time to workout", "I didn't have time to go to that meeting." My question to you is: did you really not have time? Or did you just choose to not have that time?
3. KNOW EXACTLY HOW FAR YOU HAVE LEFT TO GO: the things that you measure you will be able to achieve when you measure them better. Not only how much progress you are making but how much far do you have to go.
4. BE A REALISTIC OPTIMIST: look at the hard facts. Difficult is not bad. Difficult is not impossible. Difficult is just difficult and you CAN DO difficult things.
5. FOCUS ON GETTING BETTER RATHER THAN BEING GOOD: don't be so arrogant that it clouds your desire to improve. We can all get better.
6. HAVE GRIT: a willingness to commit to long term goals and to persist in the face of difficulty.
7. BUILD YOUR WILLPOWER MUSCLE: identify things you know that will be beneficial for you and when you don't wanna do it, do it.
8. DON'T TEMPT FATE: no matter how strong your willpower muscle comes it's important to always respect the fact that it is limited and if you overtax it you are going to temporarily run out of steam so don't try to take on two challenging tasks at once.
9. FOCUS ON WHAT YOU WILL DO, NOT WHAT YOU WON'T DO: plan how you are going to replace bad habits with good ones rather than focusing on only getting rid of the bad ones. Say to yourself: "Instead of doing this, Im doing this"